I love care packages. I’m usually on the receiving end of them, but this time I am sending one! One of my cousins is taking the Bar and I thought I’d send her some sweets to munch on while she studies! Muffins ship really well and stay moist for a long time which is why I included them in my package. This recipe makes the perfect amount of muffins for a week, plus a “test” muffin to try right out of the oven! The coffee in the muffin really makes the chocolate flavor stand out, but it isn’t too rich. Whether it’s for a care package or breakfast for yourself, you won’t regret making them!
P.S Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a Beginner Indian Spice Kit! Still open for a few more days!
Cook time: 30 minutes Makes: 8 muffins
¼ cup softened butter
2.5 tbsp. brown sugar
2.5 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
2.5 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. instant coffee
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ cup mini chocolate chips
½ cup dark chocolate chips
¼ cup slivered almonds (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400 F.
2. Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together on low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add the egg, vanilla, sour cream, milk, and instant coffee to the butter mixture. Mix on medium low speed for 1 minute.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, all-purpose flour and chocolate chips.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter and mix on low for 30 seconds so that the batter just comes together. Don’t over mix the dough otherwise you’ll get a tough, dense muffin.
6. Scoop 2 tablespoons of the batter into 8 cupcake liners or greased cupcake pan. Bake for 18 minutes and cool on a rack. Refrigerate well up to 1 week. Enjoy!